Monday, March 8, 2010

Jana's post

Hey Kristi and the rest of you MSUB grads!

Just a quick note to thank Kristi for being so proactive in getting our grad community going! It will be a great way to stay in touch with current grad students as well as new grads coming into the program.

I am within weeks of completing my MSPR and then I will be thrust back into the job market! I have been fortunate enough to have been able to concentrate on school and not have to work. But those days are drawing quickly to a close.

My grad project is a research paper that is focused on the ethical imperative of crisis communicaiton and managment plans in organizations. I would like to continue my research, however pursuing a Ph. D. at this point is not in my future. I would, quite honestly, like to write a book and develop some training workshops for small business.

My plans at this point include more research with a focus on specific industries to see if and how they provide information about crisis commmunication plans. Most industries have have industry targeted training...what I want to find out is to what extent various indutries are providing an opportunity to learn and implement crisis communication and management plans into their businesses or organizations. It should keep me busy for awhile!

Anyway - I hope we can develop a good level of participation in this new blog. This is my first experience with the process. But since it mostly invovles writing...we should all be pretty good at that by now!!!
Jana

No comments: